Saturday, January 6, 2018

Mexico Miracle

My brother coined the expression "Mexico Miracle" after finding out that we are pursuing traveling to an alternative cancer clinic in Mexico for further cancer treatments not available in the U.S., and it fits perfectly.  Not only because a miraculous healing is needed, but also because it will take a miracle of God's provision in order to get us there!

I have checked into several clinics, and there are a few that look promising.  I mentioned some of the different treatments in my last post.  The cost ranges from $30K-$45K, which is daunting to say the least!  The average treatment is three weeks in Mexico with further take-home protocols included.  Some include follow-up visits; some don't.  Most include accommodations and meals for me and a companion (my Love, Bob, of course--although a couple of my nurses think they should go--haha) for the duration.  Some are fully-functioning hospitals; some are not.  Most look like resorts, which is always appealing!

My family encouraged us to start a GoFundMe account, since they had several people inquiring whether or not we had one started.  So we did that; the link is below.

https://www.gofundme.com/kims-mexico-cancer-treatment

My sister also had "Kim's Clan" t-shirts made which are available as a fundraiser, too.  They are $15 each.  

 


It's always awkward asking for financial help, but knowing when to accept help is important, too.  We don't expect other people to pay for my medical expenses--I made the choice to use alternative treatments knowing they aren't usually covered by insurance, and we are responsible for that.  We have been able to finance the cost of my treatments to this point, but another $45K is out of our league.  We have also learned that it's wrong to withhold a blessing from those who want to give.  So for those who feel led to give, there is opportunity.  If we don't get enough funds to go to Mexico, we will take that as a clear sign that God is closing that door, and we will choose another path.  All funds given will still be used toward further treatments.  The most important gift anyone can give is lifting me and my family before the throne of the Great Physician, so we covet all your prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment