Friday, October 6, 2017

Update

Yesterday morning I had an HBOT session but skipped my IV treatment, because I wanted to have a good vein left for PET scan injection.  The break allowed me enough time to go into work and finish the monthly email newsletter.  From there I left to pick Bob up from work before heading to the hospital for the PET scan.  Everything went well, and it took just under two hours--again, shorter than I had anticipated.  The scan will be read sometime today, but Fox Valley Wellness is closed on Fridays, so it will be next week before Dr. Coleman gets the report.  So we're in the Waiting Room again, but we have plenty to keep us occupied with the Brat Fry benefit being held tomorrow.

I was actually just sitting here crying into my bone broth, overwhelmed by the generosity of people's contributions for the benefit--many of whom don't even know me!  No one wants to be "the person on the poster"--it's much easier to be a supporter of the person on the poster.  God is teaching both Bob and I the life lesson of being gracious receivers.  It is very humbling...and awkward.  :)  One man came into my office at work on Wednesday to give me a donation for the benefit.  He looked so...stricken...and sad that I almost lost it.  But he wanted to speak to me personally--he didn't just drop it off at the front desk--which meant a lot.  It's good, but hard, to witness how much people care.

I also just posted on Facebook that I have been asking God to hold off the wind and rain forecasted for tomorrow until after the benefit is over.  He answered a very specific request I had for yesterday, proving that He cares about the small things.  Well, He controls the weather, and He can do the big things, too!


I haven't been feeling well lately.  I compare it to recovering from the flu.  I'm tired, weak, emotional, and my stomach isn't "right."  It's hard to explain, because it's not even nausea.  Probably TMI, but my BM's are diarrhea--not uncontrollable, but when I do go, that's what it is.  So my gut is just "yucky" right now.  I guess this is all pretty normal due to the fact that my body is detoxing.  I'm taking so many supplements plus the treatments on top of it.  I will get hungry, but then nothing sounds good...or tastes good.  Sometimes I want to put food in my mouth and taste it, but I don't want to swallow it and let it go into my stomach.  Weird.  I always have a bad taste in my mouth and feel like I have bad breath; many of the supplements aren't very pleasant--they aren't nasty, just not good, either.  I feel like I can't get enough water even though I'm drinking way more than I should have to.  I'm trying to find the right combinations of when to eat and when to take all my supplements and meds, since I'm sure that makes a difference in how my stomach feels.

Last evening I was a mess. I crawled into bed fully clothed at 7:30.  Nothing specific was "wrong"; I was just exhausted and cold and emotional.  About an hour later I called to Bob to bring me some ibuprofen for my leg (the pain wasn't horrible, but it was starting), and he heated up some bone broth for me.  The broth tasted good, but I could only get about a quarter of the cup down.  I woke up at 1:30 a.m., got a drink, went to the bathroom, got undressed and went back to bed.  Then I slept till about 7:00-ish.  So I did sleep quite well, which was a blessing.  This morning I'm still very tired and weak, but my stomach feels better.  Since my clinic is closed on Fridays, I get a three-day break before treatments start on Monday, and I think that is a very good thing right now.

I've always desired that God would be glorified through this journey, and last Tuesday was a good example.  There were two other very friendly ladies in the IV room at the clinic when I went in.  After the usual introductions and, "What are you in for?" discussion, the conversation turned to spiritual things:  faith, healing, God's will, peace, etc.  One of the ladies was very proactive and appeared to have a strong faith; the other lady was more quiet, but she didn't seem uncomfortable or offended by the topic, either.  It was a good time of mutual fellowship and encouragement.  Both of their IV's were finished before mine, but before they left I led in prayer for all of us, which they seemed to really appreciate.  It was a sweet time.

     "Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be
      done for them by my Father in heaven.  For where two or three are gathered in my
      name, there am I among them."
                                                                   Matthew 18:19-20






No comments:

Post a Comment