Thursday, October 12, 2017

PET Scan Results

Well, the results aren't that great, but they could definitely be worse.  I'm somewhere between "what I expected" and "disappointed."  There are a lot of small lesions in my bones:  "several scattered" in the pelvis, as well as the left humerus (upper arm bone), left scapula (shoulder blade), left 6th rib, and three different vertebrae (T7, L2, L5).  There is also a large lesion in my right femur (which explains a lot of my leg pain).  Then one more 7mm nodule in my right lung base.  The fact that all the spots in the bones don't have measurements attached makes me think they are quite small.

There is some good news: there is no cancer in my lymph nodes or lymph system; my bone marrow has not been damaged yet; and I have adequate immune fighter cells--the "Special Forces" of the immune system military that specifically hunt down and destroy cancer cells.  Obviously, there are other areas where I have deficiencies, but those are all being addressed through my treatments and supplements and diet.  Dr. Coleman said repeatedly that "all this is reversible", and he didn't seem discouraged or put off at all by the results.  Bloodwork will be repeated in six weeks, hopefully showing improvements in all the numbers that are not where they should be right now.

So I will keep doing what I'm doing, we'll all keep praying, and we'll keep trusting in the Father's perfect plan!

My dear friend Tammy drove me to the clinic today.  I had a hyperbaric treatment and an ozone therapy IV--today was the first time I had ozone.  They "vacuum" 200 cc of my blood, infuse it with ozone (O3 as opposed to O2), and return it to my body.  A full treatment is 10 cycles of this; I only did five today, because I wanted to see how I tolerated it.  I didn't have any problems, so next week I will do full ozone treatments three days in a row as well as hyperbaric each of those days.  The other day I will do hyperbaric and an IV chelation treatment.  I am expecting to be exhausted by the end of the week.

Tammy accompanied me everywhere today, and she was able to sit in on the meeting with Dr. Coleman.  I did not have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Coleman today, but apparently he had extra time, so instead of one of the nurses showing me the PET scan report, he sat down with us and went through that as well as all of the blood work results that had come back and my EKG.  So I won't see him again until six weeks from today.

That's another thing...my heart.  I have an abnormal T-wave which is most likely due to an area of my heart that at some point was blocked and the tissue died.  It could have been the result of a virus or something, and it could have happened a very long time ago.  When I was in high school, I had a mono-type illness for a couple weeks, but the doctor said it wasn't mononucleosis--that virus could have caused the little blockage.  This was all quite shocking to me, and I asked Dr. Coleman how I could play sports my whole life and never have any symptoms of heart issues?  He said that the body is amazing, and the rest of my heart just compensated.  But now I have to get an echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) to see which part is damaged and make sure the heart is functioning properly.  He also said that the heart can generate new tissue and repair even that damage!

Tammy took pictures at the clinic today, so you can see what the hyperbaric chamber looks like and the ozone machine.  Enjoy!  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment