Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Slight Change in Treatment

I have decided to hold off on any more hyperbaric treatments for awhile since my vision is worsening.  I'm now borrowing an old pair of Bob's glasses so that I can I drive.  They work well, and I figured it's kind of important to be able to see clearly when I'm driving.  :)  My glasses are pretty useless at this point...I have to look through the distance section of my bifocals in order to see up close, and the up-close section doesn't work at all.  This morning was my 20th dive, and that's a good number.  I believe I would be required to take a break after 30 dives, anyway, so it's not that big of a deal.  I don't know how long it will take for my vision to return to normal.

I am planning to purchase an "oxygen concentrator" which will allow me to breathe 90% oxygen for a couple  hours a day.  It won't be as effective as the hyperbaric, because the pressure of the HBOT forces the oxygen into the body's cells, but it will still be beneficial.

Tomorrow and Thursday I will just have an IV treatment each day.  Next week I scheduled four ozone treatments in a row, each one followed by the lymphatic massage.  I will not do any IV's next week.  The first time I did ozone and lymphatic treatments, I experienced quite a bit more pain in my leg, so I'll have to see if that is affected again next week.

I'm very thankful to report that I have been feeling quite a bit better overall the past several days.  I didn't have any problems this past Sunday and was able to finally attend the evening service for the first time in a month.  I haven't been feeling blah or yucky or super tired, which is fantastic!  My leg has been hurting more, but I just have to take more ibuprofen, so it hasn't been unbearable or anything.

This Friday I will have more blood work done, and I should have results that Dr. Coleman and Dr. Abfall can share with me when I meet with them the end of November.  I will have another PET scan just before the end of the year, which will be very close to three months since the first one.  If I can squeeze it in this year yet, insurance will cover it since I met my deductible now.

Thank you so much for your continued prayers, encouragement, and support!  God is good ALL the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment