Saturday, November 15, 2014

HOPE!

After my first thermography scan in mid-July (just over one year past my diagnosis), the doctor who read the scan recommended that I have another scan in three months to establish a good baseline.  The report from my first scan was that both breasts were at "low risk", and the lymph node areas near the arm pits looked good.  I had the follow-up thermography done in mid-October, and not only did everything still look good (both breasts still "low risk"), it was even better than the July scan!  Thermography gives a full-color image of the body, with yellow/orange/red indicating warmth and green/blue indicating coolness.  Areas of inflammation and increased vascular activity (both signs of possible cancer as well as other health problems) will show up warm.  My entire upper body was noticeably "cooler" than it had been in July, which was great news!

So, a year and a half after being diagnosed with Stage II, Grade 3 invasive breast cancer, there are no signs of cancer.  I think it's likely that I would also have no signs of cancer at this point if I had undergone radiation and chemotherapy.  The big difference is that instead of spending a good portion of that 18 months making regular visits to doctors and treatment facilities and experiencing the undesirable side effects of those treatments, I spent the time detoxing, strengthening my immune system, improving my health, and fighting the cancer cells through nutrition and lifestyle changes.  Instead of feeling fatigued and sick, losing my hair, and having my immune system destroyed, I felt better than I had for years, was in better shape, and was experiencing true health. 

I want people to know that there are better ways to fight cancer.  I want people to know that they don't have to accept standard medical treatment which can be so destructive and too often a failure.  I want people to know that they can effectively fight cancer while maintaining--and even improving--their overall health.  I want people to know that a cancer diagnosis doesn't have to invoke fear, stress, and physical suffering.  I want people to know that there is real HOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment